Are you a non or for profit board member or trustee? If so, you’ve got tremendous liability for property, people, and growth. Here are 7 questions for Board of Directors or Trustees for any organization:
1. What’s the plan if we have an active shooter at our location or event?
2. What’s the plan if we suffer a cyber attack and personal information of people is compromised or important information lost or stolen?
3. What’s the plan in the event of a sexual harassment or discrimination lawsuit?
4. What’s the plan to evacuate and protect people and property if our building is on fire?
5. What’s the plan if we have a natural disaster that blocks transportation and halts communication?
6. Are we doing everything possible to safeguard our employees, volunteers, and those we serve?
7. Am I willing to accept the liability and financial consequences of not being fully compliant and prepared for a crisis?
I have a longer list of questions that revolve around your fiduciary and leadership responsibility as a broad member for either a non-profit or for-profit board of directors. By completing this exercise, you will learn how your organization grades out.
It doesn’t matter the size of your organization, any one calamity like those listed above can destroy a non-profit and damage your reputation. As you begin strategizing an planning 2018, are you sure that your organization is fully ready and prepared to deal with a crisis?
If you have any doubts or concerns, let’s schedule a time to talk.
© 2017 Toro Consulting, Inc. All Rights Reserved