“I read the introduction to Dan Weedin’s new book Back 9 Walking, A Guide to Living Life Unleashed and I was immediately captivated and wanted to read more. I wasn’t disappointed.
Dan is a great writer with terrific insight into life and living life on the back nine. I particularly loved hearing from Captain Jack, Dan’s Jack Russell Terrier. I would highly recommend this as a must read.”
— Gary Furr, Organizational Development Consultant & Author
“Back 9 Walking is an inspirational guide for people interested in living their best life. Such an enjoyable read with great life lessons sprinkled in for good measure.”
— Roberta Matuson, Author of Can We Talk? Seven Principles for Managing Difficult Conversations at Work
“Dan’s insights will help you leverage your own experiences so you enjoy your Back Nine and leave a legacy, starting today.”
— Phil Symchych author, The Business Wealth Builders
“Dan reminds us that age stops for no one, and while many people slow down mentally, physically, and emotionally, we can still play our best rounds (and live our best life) even in the later stages of the game. Weedin’s wisdom is essential for leaders, CEOs, business owners, and entrepreneurs who want to bring their “A” game to the back nine.”
— Noah Fleming, Author of Evergreen: Cultivate the Enduring Customer Loyalty That Keeps Your Business Thriving
Who is this book for?
- Every business person who wants to improve their performance and joy in their work
- Every person who is feeling stuck in a self-inflicted mid-life crisis mindset
- Every person who is feeling pressure from dealing with aging parents
- Every parent that wants to leave a legacy for their children and grandchildren
- Every person who wants to improve their most cherished relationships
- Every person who has yet to get to their Back 9 but wants to be prepared
- Every person who wants to unleash their potential in the Back 9 of business and life
In Back 9 Walking, You Will Discover:
- The importance of defining your own identity based on who you are instead of what you do.
- How to manage your own mindset and actions around the most valued relationships in your business and life.
- How to both avoid and deal with the sand traps and water hazards that life throws at those of us in the Back 9 of life.
- How to embrace uncertainty as part of the journey.
- How to help you stay present to improve productivity and personal enjoyment.
- How to maximize your ability to be resilient with whatever business or life throws at you.
- How to take control of your own “ball” to improve your performance and enjoyment in business and enrich your life.
The AgeLess Path Podcast with Forrest Arnold
Turning Complexity Into Simplicity with Gary Furr
Dan Weedin is an experienced entrepreneur, thought leader, author, and award-winning speaker who has a passion for consulting, advising, and mentoring other entrepreneurs and business professionals.
He has the rare ability to translate his success in the insurance industry, public speaking, non-profit world, and athletic coaching into applicable and transferable principles that dramatically improve the effectiveness of those business owners and executives with whom he works.
Dan’s educational background includes formal education, certifications, and ongoing professional development. He is a 1987 graduate of the University of Washington where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in History.
In 2010, Dan was accredited as a Master Mentor by internationally renowned consultant and mentor Alan Weiss. He is one of fewer than 50 people in the world holding this exclusive accreditation. In 2012, Dan was inducted into the Million Dollar Consultant™ Hall of Fame.
Dan is an active member of his community. He is a past president of his Rotary Club and has served as an elected official for a public school board of directors, including as board president. Among the numerous community organizations with which he has been involved include the Sons of the American Revolution, Olympic College Foundation, Kathleen Sutton Fund, Toastmasters International, and his church.
On crisp, Fall Friday nights, you will find Dan in the press box at North Kitsap High School, where he has served as the “Voice of the Vikings,” as the stadium announcer for the high school football team since 2003. He enjoys playing golf, cooking, drinking bourbon, listening to all kinds of books and podcasts, and being walked by his two faithful canine companions, Captain Jack and Bella.
Dan married Barb, his high school sweetheart, in 1986. They have two adult daughters, Mindy and Kelli, and Dan is now “Pops” to the two most perfect granddaughters ever. He and Barb reside in Poulsbo, WA, across the Puget Sound, just West of Seattle.